- what information we collect
- how we use that information
- how you can access, update, or remove that information
- how we protect the information we store about you
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
- Your name, email address, password, birthday, gender, address, profession, and Islamic center when you register for an account on our website or app.
- Profile information for you and your family when you update your profile or add members to your family via our family management system in our website and app.
- User content, such as photos, contact information, and text, that you upload to our Services.
- Your location, when you use our mobile app after granting permission to the app to access your location. This can be turned off at any time in your device settings.
HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
We use your personal information, described in the previous section, to:
- Provide Umoja Services to you.
- Identify and analyze demographics and trends among our Services and events.
- Facilitate registration and participation for our events.
- Contact you regarding your participation in our events and Services.
Your name and photo, and the names and photos the family who you register for our Services, may be visible on our website and app when you participate in the Umoja Games. If you do not want your name and photo, or the names and photos of your family who you’ve registered for our Services, to be visible to others on the website or app, contact us at [email protected] to request accommodations.
We will never sell your data to outside organizations. Your data is solely for Umoja to provide you with our Services.
Children under the age of 13:
Our Services, described above, are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13, except when provided by parents or guardians when registering their children in our family system. If you are under 13, please do not provide any information on our website or app. Instead, ask your parent or guardian to register you into their family.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS, UPDATE, OR REMOVE THIS INFORMATION?
All of the information we collect about you is visible to you under the You & Your Family section on our website and app. You may view, alter and/or delete this information in these interfaces at any time. For the children in your family who you have provided information about, you may remove them in the Family interface and their data will be completely removed from our records, with the exception of historical data from past Games tournaments and Academy sessions. To remove past Games tournaments and Academy sessions data or to remove your own account, email us at [email protected] and we will get back to you with next steps.